The Data Science and Decision Making Journal (DSDM) is a peer-reviewed GOLD Open Access Journal in the field of Data Science. Each issue of the journal will present a diversified, though yet coherent range of articles from various areas within the area of Data Sciences.
Data Science and Decision Making journal is a brand new journal to be published by Betasciencepress Publishing. The journal will be launched in the autumn of 2020. At this moment we still have an exciting position for an Assistant/Associate Editor at the editorial board.
We are looking for an (enterprising) scientist (Assistant/Associate Professor), principle or senior researcher or postgraduate researcher active in academia, industry or CRO.
A potential candidate should have a PhD degree (must), several years hands-on experience in Data Sciences and a broad interest and demonstrable expertise in the general Data Sciences and related fields is a must. The candidate should be willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment with other editorial board colleagues. The journal requires proficiency in the English language and proven experience in the general publication process of scientific articles is a pré.
Duties of the Assistant/Associate Editor:
He/she will develop and lead the journal in the Data Science and Decision Making area, which is a challenging and rewarding duty.
* You are responsible for all aspects of developing an outstanding journal that include:
* Responsibility for organization of manuscripts received from the editorial office and for the invitation of expert peer-reviewers (double-blind) and leading the reviewers to a recommendation on the manuscript.
* Based on the peer-review recommendations he/she communicates a short evaluation on the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript to Authors and Editor-in-Chief.
* He/she communicates the recommendations of the peer-review process (rejection, revision and acceptance) to authors and editor-in-chief regarding the final decision on the manuscript
* You will also be asked to contribute to the journal more broadly with its direction.
* Occasionally, you will be invited to write the editorial introduction or other paper (1-2 papers annually) to the issue. The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is willing to enhance the representation of her/his own expertise within the journal.
Appointment to the editorial board does not carry any remuneration .
How to apply?
For the position of Assistant/Associate Editor it is important that the candidate expresses why he/she would be suitable for the position and how she/he can contribute to the Editorial line and further development of DSDM.
Send a recent CV and a brief cover letter (including passport like photograph) to the Editorial Office, email@example.com.