BSP journals are peer-reviewed Open Access GOLD Journals in the field of chemistry. Each issue of the journal presents a diversified, though yet coherent range of articles from various areas within the field. Due to the grow of our journals and annual selection of editorial board members, we have exciting opportunities for editors at our editorial boards.
Potential candidates should have a PhD degree, several years hands-on experience and a broad interest and demonstrable expertise in the general chemistry field is a must. The candidate should be willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment with other editorial board colleagues. Proficiency in the English language is a must and experience with editorial workflows is a pre but not a must.
Editorial board positions are on a voluntary basis and are not eligible to any financial compensations.
The core responsibilities of editorial board positions
He/she will develop and lead the journal, which is a challenging and rewarding duty.
* You are responsible for all aspects of developing an outstanding journal that include:
* Responsibility for organization of manuscripts received from the editorial office and for the invitation of expert peer-reviewers (double-blind) and leading the reviewers to a recommendation on the manuscript.
* Based on the peer-review recommendations he/she communicates a short evaluation on the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript to Authors and Editor-in-Chief.
* He/she communicates the recommendations of the peer-review process (rejection, revision and acceptance) to authors and editor-in-chief regarding the final decision on the manuscript
* You will also be asked to contribute to the journal more broadly with its direction.
* Occasionally, you will be invited to write the editorial introduction or other paper (1-2 papers annually) to the issue. The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is willing to enhance the representation of her/his own expertise within the journal.