The Reviews in Separation Sciences Journal (RSS) is a peer-reviewed GOLD Open Access Journal in the field of Separation Sciences. Each issue of the journal presents a diversified, though yet coherent range of articles from various areas within the Separation Sciences. Due to the grow of the journal and reorganization of the editorial board, we have an exciting position for an Assistant/Associate Editor at the editorial board.
We are looking for an (enterprising) scientist (Assistant/Associate Professor), senior researcher or postgraduate researcher active in academia, industry or CRO.
A potential candidate should have a PhD degree, several years hands-on experience in Bioanalysis and a broad interest and demonstrable expertise in the general Bioanalysis field is a must. The candidate should be willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment with other editorial board colleagues. The journal requires proficiency in the English language and proven experience in the general publication process of scientific articles is a pré.
Duties of the Assistant/Associate editor:
He/she will develop and lead the journal in the Separation Sciences area, which is a challenging and rewarding duty.
* You are responsible for all aspects of developing an outstanding journal that include:
* Responsibility for organization of manuscripts received from the editorial office and for the invitation of expert peer-reviewers (double-blind) and leading the reviewers to a recommendation on the manuscript.
* Based on the peer-review recommendations he/she communicates a short evaluation on the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript to Authors and Editor-in-Chief.
* He/she communicates the recommendations of the peer-review process (rejection, revision and acceptance) to authors and editor-in-chief regarding the final decision on the manuscript
* You will also be asked to contribute to the journal more broadly with its direction.
* Occasionally, you will be invited to write the editorial introduction or other paper (1-2 papers annually) to the issue. The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is willing to enhance the representation of her/his own expertise within the journal.
Appointment to the editorial board does not carry any remuneration .
How to apply?
For the position of Assistant/Associate Editor it is important that the candidate expresses why he/she would be suitable for the position and how she/he can contribute to the Editorial line and further development of RSS.
Send a recent CV and a brief cover letter to the Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Omnia Ismaiel, email@example.com.