Assistant/Associate Editor /Editorial Board members
The Journal of Applied Bioanalysis (JAB) is a peer-reviewed GOLD Open Access Journal in the field of Bioanalysis. Each issue of the journal presents a diversified, though yet coherent range of articles from various areas within the bioanalysis field. The journal has exciting positions for an Assistant/Associate Editors/Editorial Board members at the editorial board.
We are inviting (enterprising) scientists active in academia, industry or CRO in the field of Bioanalysis (Bioanalytical Chemistry).
A potential candidate should have a PhD degree, several years hands-on experience in Bioanalysis and a broad interest and demonstrable expertise in the general Bioanalysis field is a must. The candidate should be willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment with other editorial board colleagues. The journal requires proficiency in the English language and proven experience in the general publication process of scientific articles is a pré.
Duties of the Assistant/Associate editor:
He/she will develop and lead the journal in the Bioanalysis area, which is a challenging and rewarding duty.
* You are responsible for all aspects of developing an outstanding journal that include:
* Responsibility for the organization of manuscripts received from the editorial office and for the invitation of expert peer-reviewers (double-blind) and leading the reviewers to a recommendation on the manuscript.
* Based on the peer-review recommendations he/she communicates a short evaluation on the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript to Authors and Editor-in-Chief.
* He/she communicates the recommendations of the peer-review process (rejection, revision, and acceptance) to authors and editor-in-chief regarding the final decision on the manuscript
* You will also be asked to contribute to the journal more broadly with its direction.
* Submit at least one manuscript to JAB within the term (which will be processed like any other regular submission).
The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is willing to enhance the representation of her/his own expertise within the journal.
Appointment to the editorial board does not carry any remuneration .
How to apply?
For the position of Assistant/Associate Editor it is important that the candidate expresses why he/she would be suitable for the position and how she/he can contribute to the Editorial line and further development of JAB.
Send a recent CV and a brief cover letter to the Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Roland J.W. Meesters, email@example.com.